The Global Talent Independent Visa (GTI) – launched by the Australian Govt in November 2019. It aims to attract highly skilled talent individuals to live and work in Australia. The program provides a fast-tracked Permanent residency in 3-4 weeks option for eligible individuals . To be eligible for the GTI Visa, you must be:
Eligibility for the Program in 50 words
A successful candidate will be highly skilled in one of the seven Target Sectors, have the ability to attract a minimum salary of A$153,600 (Fair work High Income Threshold) within Australia or be a highly graded recent PhD or Masters graduate. You should also be able to provide evidence of outstanding achievement within your field and still be prominent in it. You also need to have an Australian company or Prominent Australian Individual as a nominator.
Eligible Target Sectors
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy and Mining Technology
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
From the GTI website, to be eligible to apply for the Global Talent Visa Program under the Distinguished Talent visa, individuals must:
- prove they are internationally recognised with evidence of outstanding achievements
- still be prominent in their field of expertise
- provide evidence that they would be an asset to Australia, in their area of expertise
- have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in their field
- have a recognised organisation or individual in Australia endorse them as global talent, in the same field as the applicant
High Income Threshold
Candidates should have the ability to attract a salary at or above the Fair Work high income threshold of AUD153,600.
For Hong Kong Passport Holders
Applications from Hong Kong Passport Holders are being prioritized for this Visa.
How to apply?
The department will provide a unique identifier for a successful assessment. After which the unique code can lodge a visa application through an ImmiAccount for the 858 visa.
Step 1: Submit an Expression of Interest for the Global Talent Independent Program
Step 2: Receive a Unique Identifier and lodge a subclass 858 (onshore and offshore candidates) visa application through an ImmiAccount
Fees for the Program
Expressing Interest for the Program is free for now. The same visa fees for Distinguished Talent 858 subclass apply from $4000 apply if you are eligible.